How Can Your Master Bedroom Help Sell Your Home?
Is the master bedroom the best it can be?
So…what rooms are potential home buyers most interested?
Chances are, the master bedroom is at the top of their list when looking for a home to buy in the Poconos or anywhere!
It’s where homeowners spend a lot of their time, so you want to make sure the master bedroom is perfect.
Here are a few tips for homeowners to spruce up their master bedroom to impress potential buyers.
- Make your bed.If you don’t want to make the bed when you get up, that’s fine. But if they are having a potential buyer look at your house, you absolutely need to have a nice-looking bed with all the right angles and corners.
- Make the bed look better. Go beyond your normal linens, and choose blankets, sheets, pillowcases, duvets and more that are going to accent the master bedroom. Don’t forget to fluff the pillows!
- Create seating.Maybe you don’t usually sit in your master bedroom and write sonnets or ponder the human condition, but make it look as if the bedroom is a place where that could happen with a seating area . One plush chair with lamp and a small table is perfect.
- Use neutral paint colors.You should probably stick with this tip throughout the entire house, but it is even more important in the master bedroom. Add splashes of colors with pillows and rugs.
- Turn on the fan.The ceiling fan revolving on slowest speed can often help prospective buyers relax. However, remember to clean the blades to avoid throwing dust everywhere.
- The smell of success is actually.. no scent.Please do not use air fresheners, perfumes, flowers or other strong-smelling items. Instead, the room should smell clean and brand new. A diffuser can be used to create a nearly unnoticed scent.
- Lighting is important.Lights should be on, so that all of the corners of the room are lit. The room will look larger and guests won’t feel as if they have stepped into a dungeon. Use natural light whenever possible.
- Get rid of clutter on night stands. Move phone chargers, magazines, modern alarm clocks and other clutter, and put vases, old fashioned alarm clocks and a hardback book on there instead.
- Clean the room and do the laundry.The rule to follow here is no dust, no dirt and no laundry in the hamper.
- Organize the closet.The closet may be one of the most important selling factors. Clean off the top shelf, organize clothing and make sure it is clean and spacious. Adding hanging racks, shelves or drawers could add value to your home. “Since the closet is a huge selling point, the better you can make it look, the more interested the buyer will be in the master bedroom.
- Less is more with furniture.Too much furniture, or too large of furniture can make a room look crowded, which reduces its size. Best to get rid of bigger pieces temporarily or replace needed items with smaller ones for the period of selling the house.
- Choose the right art.Art should help the buyer to relax, not bright, gaudy art that will make them do a double take. Let the focus be on the room. No personal pictures though.
- Area rugs add value.If there is hardwood floor in the master bedroom, an area rug gives the room another layer. The rug should come from under the bed, but should not create an island in the bedroom.
Here’s a bonus tip….it couldn’t hurt even if you are not selling…